Non-Surgical Orthopedics | Boynton Beach, FL
The goal of non-surgical orthopedics is to exhaust all options to treat a patient’s pain prior to considering surgery. There is a large gap between the anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant pills given to you by your primary care physician and surgical consultation for a person’s pain. This is the realm of non-surgical orthopedics.
Many people forget that when they say “Orthopedist “ it really means Orthopedic Surgeon. If you don’t need surgery why would you jump right to seeing a surgeon?
Since a non-surgical orthopedic specialist is a doctor first, medical causes of pain are always considered offering the broadest spectrum and the most well-rounded approach to pain available.
A non-surgical orthopedic specialist employs all methodologies and modalities available to treat a person’s pain. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manual medicine, massage and Osteopathic manipulation
- Natural medicine and pharmaceuticals
- Medical exercise, strengthening and stretching
- Nutritional and rehabilitation approaches
- Physical therapy modalities such as ultrasound and electric stimulation
- Diagnostic imaging such as X-ray, MRI, CT and ultrasound
- Injection therapies of a huge variety from homeopathic’s, PRP to epidural steroid injections